Thursday, May 28, 2015

Don't let others define you, BE YOUrself!

I recently had a fantastic time with one of the best photographers and hair and makeup artists I've had the pleasure to work with. Luigi, of Capitol Bombshell (http://www.capitolbombshell.com) and Jordan Winn of Jordan K. Winn & Co. (http://jordankwinn.com) who is a true artist, we produced a great set of Pin-Up and Boudoir perfection to add to my portfolio. 

I truly love all my fans and love hearing your stories of overcoming obstacles and being true to yourself. Although you may look at these photos and see a confident young woman, I've often struggled with self esteem.

I was born a near preemie with a low birth weight, as well as health issues, this caused delayed fine motor skills and mild learning disabilities. All I wanted to do was fit in as most children do, but unfortunately I could not hide these differences from my peers. I was made fun of and left out.

With today's social media, teenage bullying can be much more subtle but just as damaging! I have been called ugly, too pale, too dark of hair, weird, even have been told to kill myself. 
After years of trying to fit in it became clear to me that I no longer needed to be like the others, and I chose to believe in myself. Through my fashion style, tattoos, piercings, funky hair and music choices I was able to stand out from the crowd. Although, the bullying continued and escalated, I chose to stick with what I loved. 

You have to believe in yourself, when not many other people do. I somedays still struggle with this. My mother and I felt so strongly about this we started a small company "Believe in Yourself Clothing"; an anti-bullying, positive self image clothing line. This where I started my modeling career. The camera gives me the confidence to show my true self. In reality I am a very shy person but in front of the lens I bloom!

So dear reader, stop trying to please others and know that you don't have to conform to society's standards. To truly be happy you have to first find who you are and stick with it no matter the cost. Don't let others define you, BE YOUrself! 


And remember, Stay optimistic and live life to the fullest. 

@HEX_SGH

___________________________________Hex is a talented Suicide Girl Hopeful model. You can find her in Instagram @hex_sgh and at https://suicidegirls.com/members/hex/

SuicideGirls is a website that features pin-up photography and profiles of alternative female models who are known as the "Suicide Girls". The site functions as an online community with member profiles, member blogs, and the option to join networking groups based upon interests. SuicideGirls also features interviews with people from popular and alternative culture, user-submitted news articles, and an online merchandise store. Access to most of the site requires a paid membership. Source: Wikipedia. 









No comments:

Post a Comment